Location: Mumbai, India
Most of the world’s digital information was created in the last few years with the vast majority of that information being unstructured in the form of text, tweets, videos, images, blogs, etc. The rate of growth of digital information vastly exceeds our biological processing abilities. The consequence for investors is that it’s becoming harder to make sense of the factors that drive financial markets. Acting upon partial understanding of vast quantities of information (i.e., heuristics) infuses investment decisions with cognitive biases. In order to beat markets and make money, humans need to augment their reasoning capacity, consider the relevance of more information, and make bias-free decisions.
At Accrete.AI, our vision is to help investors generate alpha, or excess returns, by training machines to think in the language of the markets. We leverage deep learning and Machine Augmented Collective Intelligence (MACI) to train machines to reason and learn so they can help human investors make better investment decisions.
- Graduate (preferred) or Undergraduate degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years work experience in a comparable role in the financial industry
- Highly motivated with a proven track record of innovation, execution, delivery and customer focus
- Knowledge of database and application object management including DDL, table constraints and triggers, clusters, object storage allocation and tuning, indexing options and tradeoffs, partitioning, etc.
- Data architecture and data analysis expertise
- Experience in cloud-based database systems
- High-level logical & analytical skills as well as attention to detail
- Maintains database results by setting and enforcing standards and controls.
- Prepares for database expansion by studying plans and requirements; advising senior technical management; coordinating design and programming.
- Evaluates database design tradeoffs, impacts, user expectations, performance levels, and space allocation requirements and balancing ease of use with performance.
- Maintains database performance by troubleshooting problems.
- Secures database by developing policies, procedures, and controls.
- Design, create, modify and review database objects (tables, views, indexes, keys, stored procedures, functions, DB links, etc.) to support development projects.
- Implement and test database objects in non-production environments.
- Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes.
- Assist developers with query tuning and schema refinement.